JOURNAL OF BLOOD DISORDERS AND MALIGNANCIES
Masood A. Shammas
Department: Department of Medical Oncology
University: Harvard University
Country: United States
I am employed as a Lead Scientist at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, USA. I obtained my doctorate in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA and continued in the same department for postdoctoral training. Subsequently, through a collaboration, I also joined Myeloma Transplantation Research Center at Arkansas Cancer Research Center. In 1999, I was promoted to the position of Instructor at UAMS. From 2001-2006, I worked as Instructor at Harvard Medical School and Harvard (Dana Farber) Cancer Institute, Boston, USA. In 2006, I accepted a position as Director, Surgical Oncology And Developmental Therapeutics Laboratory and Assistant Professor of Surgery at Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, USA. In 2009, I moved back to Harvard (Dana Farber) Cancer Institute, Boston, USA. I have authored/co-authored more than 60 peer-reviewed scientific publications and serve or have served as Editor, Guest Editor and/or Reviewer for several scientific journals.
- Understandingmechanisms of genomic instability, clonal evolution and oncogenesis
- Developing novel functional assays, suited for high throughput screening of lentiviral and chemical libraries, to monitor activities of specific mechanisms of genomic instability/evolution
- Evaluating diagnostic/prognostic significance of these assays
- Drug development: Using these assays for identification and validation of novel targets and then small molecules to target mechanisms driving genomic evolution (associated with cancer progression) and growth of cancer cells
- Identifying potential risks and compliance issues with attempt to increase public awareness, developing methods for risk assessment and designing strategies to minimize exposure as well as reducing genomic toxicity of chemotherapeutic agents.Dr. Alexander Birbrair's research interest includes Stem Cell, Oncology, Therapeutics etc.
Open Access Journals
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address to stay informed about published articles, issue releases and latest updates on journal activities.
We openly welcome feedback and constructive criticism. Your compliments, concerns and suggestions regarding our services will prove enormously helpful in making them even better.
Do you have an idea or suggestion that can influence the Open Access community? Send an email to: email@example.com
Recently Released Issues
Copyright © 2020 Boffin Access Limited.