ADVANCES IN COMPUTER SCIENCES
Gregory J. Grigoropoulos
Department: Marine Engineering
University: National Technical University of Athens
Born in Athens (1958). Professor of Ship and Marine Hydrodynamics at the School of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (SNAME) of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA). He was awarded the degrees of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (1981, NTUA), of Mechanical Engineering (NTUA, 1986) and the PhD in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NTUA,1989). He is fluent in English and German. In the past he was Managing Director of Kavala Shipyards Ltd involved in building of wooden and GRP boats (1988-91). He joined the academic staff of NTUA in 1992 as Adjunct Lecturer and following the academic hierarchy he was elected Professor in 2007. In the period 1992-2005 he was Manager of the Towing Tank and Deputy Director (1995- 05) of the Laboratory for Ship and Marine Hydrodynamics of NTUA. And also acquired long experience on experimental procedures and methods and computer applications in engineering.
- He is Member of SNAME, STG and RINA. He has been Chairman of Greek Section of SNAME (2004-06) and Regional Vice-President of SNAME (2005-09). His scientific and educational work encompasses:
- 85 publications in Intl. Journals and peer-reviewed Conferences.
- 220 technical reports of the Lab. for Ship and Marine Hydrodynamics of NTUA,
- Participated in more than 50 National and International projects
- Member of Intl. committees, reviewer of scientific journals and organizer of Intl. Conferences.
- 7 lecture notes for NTUA students.
- He was vice-chairman of the supervisory Board of the Body of Sworn-in Valuers (2009- 17) chairing it since Nov.2011.
- Finally, he was a member of the Board of Trustees of National technical University of Athens (2012-16). His hobbies are encompass tennis, offshore sailing and high-speed craft.
- Ship Hydrodynamics
- Experimental Procedures and Measurements
- Design of high speed craft and sailing yachts
- Design and construction of fishing vessels
- Computer Aided Design and Development of Decision Support Systems for Shipping Industry.
Open Access Journals
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your e-mail address to stay informed about published articles, issue releases and latest updates on journal activities.
We openly welcome feedback and constructive criticism. Your compliments, concerns and suggestions regarding our services will prove enormously helpful in making them even better.
Do you have an idea or suggestion that can influence the Open Access community? Send an email to: email@example.com
Recently Released Issues
Copyright © 2020 Boffin Access Limited.