Special Issue Guidelines
Special issues/edition is a supplement issue published in a journal which focuses on a specific topic or area of research which most trending and primary interest of many researchers. A special edition could discuss the past and present developments in a specified research area and deliberate the future directions by publishing articles from extremely experts in the field. Each special edition can be opened and edited by an editor of the journal and or an expert in the field often known as a guest editor. To run and organize a special edition the editor/publisher should follow the below guidelines.
- Special edition topic should be within the scope of the journal and cover wide range of audience.
- Special edition can be opened and edited by the maximum of 3 editors are guest editors. The senior editor is considered as principal editors and others as associate editors.
- The special issue handling editor I responsible for describe the aims and scope of special issue and also responsible for select the associate editors.
- Handling editor is responsible for selection of papers and reviewers
- Handling editor and associate editors can review the manuscripts and make the decisions
- Handling editor could decide the issue size and more than one edition could be released if there are more papers.
- One or two editorials/opinions are acceptable for one special edition and must be written by principal editor or associate editors
- Handling editor ensure that the selection is based on scientific merit of papers and not based on personal interests
- Handling editor make sure that the review process is completed within the stipulated timelines.
- One special edition should be completed within 90 days, upon request from authors/reviewers/editors it may be extended to 120 days. After the prescribed time an unsuccessful special edition will be discarded.
- Each special edition will provide an independent webpage with complete details of editors, aim and scope, major fields covered, issue timelines and accepted manuscripts.
- Guest editors are requested to adopt the publisher editorial and review policies to make the special issue success
- Editorial office/publisher can be notified if any editor has potential conflict of interest, commercial interest.
- Publisher will decide the benefits to the handling editor/guest editor including honorarium.
- We request our editors and guest editors not to disclose any information regarding the benefits.