About the Journal
Alcohol causes 1.8 million deaths a year, which represents 3.2% of all deaths worldwide. Use and abuse of drugs and alcohol by teens is very common and can have serious consequences. In the 15-24 year age range, 50% of deaths (from accidents, homicides, suicides) involves alcohol or drug abuse. One of the most significant areas of risk with the use of alcohol and drugs is the connection between alcohol, drugs and crime. ‘Journal of Alcohol and Drug Addiction’ is an International Peer-Reviewed Open Access bimonthly journal launched to evaluate and disseminate knowledge of methods that can be implied to reduce the rates of alcohol problems and serious abuse or dependency. The journal publishes research work of scientists engaged in studies in psychoactive substances, at clinicians and all those interested in problems connected with alcohol and drug addiction.
Aims and Scope
Journal of Alcohol and Drug Addiction is established with the aim to create awareness for drug addicts to recognize the extent of the problems stemming from drug abuse and seek treatment without the need for an intervention. The scope of the journal is to throw light on the issues, alcohol and drug usage, social and cultural aspects of substance use, social history of alcohol and drug use, behavioral addictions, the influence of psychoactive substances on the brain, biological factors associated with alcohol and psychoactive substance abuse in youth and adults, liver diseases, life expectancy, addiction therapy schemes, rehabilitation. The journal follows a standard double-blinded peer review process where authors and reviewers remain anonymous to each other.
Reasons to Publish
- Global readership
- Boffin Access journal boasts strong editorial board who help in with quality decision making, choosing referees and reviewing manuscripts playing a key role in providing quality knowledge to the world.
- Fast publication: Processing in 21 working days
- Promoting published articles on social media
- Accepted articles will be published online as PDF versions, video files, infographics, audio files and curated web content.
- Boffin Access journals follow a higher standard of double blinded peer review, thereby subjecting the articles to quality peer review process.
- Content is published without any space constraints.
- Copyright retainment is provided to authors licensing the article under creative common license.
- Published continuously online as soon as version of the record is available i.e. Just weeks from acceptance
Journal of Alcohol and Drug Addiction accepts original articles, case reports, short communication, editorials, letters to the editor, and research interest, monographs, conference papers, conference reviews, book reviews, letters and announcements.
Subjects covered by the Journal of Alcohol and Drug Addiction
- Alcohol Abuse
- Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Dependence
- Mental Health
- Addictive Disorders
- Alcoholism Treatment
- Public Health Policy
- New Modalities of Care
- Molecular and Family Genetic Studies
- Drugs and Crime
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (Fas)
- Drug Abuse Treatment
Copyright © 2020 Boffin Access Limited.